Things to do This Year

Do you have a bucket list?  I don't.  How cliche.  Of course we all have things that we would like to accomplish in our lifetimes, but I can't think of them all at once to make a list.  That list is also bound to change.  The things that I wanted to do when I was 5, 10, 20 and today are all very different.  Sometimes I get an idea of something that I would like to do, and now I'm going to remember to do them.  I guess I can cross some things of my theoretical bucket list, such as "live by the shore" and "sell my goods at a craft fair."  Those both happened.  I wanted to do them and I did.  This isn't the arbitrary 2012 Resolution thing that people do, but I thought of some things today that I'm gonna put down in here, and if you have any helpful tips regarding these projects, I'd appreciate it.

Things I Want To Do This Year

1.  Learn how to change the oil in a car.  
This could come in handy and make me feel good about knowing how to do something technical.  My dad was an auto mechanic who owned his own shop and I know literally nothing about cars and what makes them go because I honestly never thought this would be an issue.  I thought my dad would be around forever and he'd happily fix my crapmobiles as needed.  It was very inconsiderate of him to die and make me have to think about car maintenance.

2.  Learn how to needlepoint.
There are a world of crafty things that I would like to learn how to do.  My mom used to needlepoint.  I used to want to learn how to crochet, and my friend Wendy taught me after I'd been struggling to teach myself from an old instructional book.  This year's craft will be needlepoint.

3.  Lose weight and ride a horse.
These are related, I think.  I don't know how much a horse holds, but I'm fat.  I don't want to get on a horse and then he collapses and dies underneath me.  I want to go horseback riding.  Step one:  weigh less than the horse.

4.  Have more sex.
Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

5.  Write a book.
This is something I'm working on.  The thing that I can't do, in order to make progress with this, is trash my progress into the recycle bin after re-reading my work and deciding it's all horrible and why do I even bother I should just delete my fucking face while I'm at it.  I've set numerical writing quotas for myself for Monday through Friday as though it is a "real" job.  I'm also not going to re-read back farther than one page and just do most of my edits when I'm finished; that way I don't have the chance to hate everything.  I'm probably less likely to throw away a whole book once it's finished, right?

Labels: , , , , ,